Hearing Aid Devices
When you have hearing loss, sound still enters the ear but the signals are weak by the time they reach the brain. Hearing aid devices can help by making most sounds clearer for the brain and can help filter background noise. The Physician Hearing Care team in Decatur, AL will help determine the source of your hearing loss with a complete hearing test at our local hearing aid center. If hearing aids can help, our specialized staff will help you determine the best hearing aid for you. We also answer a number of questions about hearing aids on our FAQ page.
Expectations for Hearing Aid Devices
- A hearing aid should provide useful hearing in both a quiet and noisy environment
- Soft speech should be audible, normal sounds should be comfortable and loud sounds should not be uncomfortable
- Hearing aids should never hurt, although slight discomfort may be normal in the first week of use
- Hearing aids should not whistle or squeal, this is usually a sign of a poor fitting or wax in the ear canal
- Auditory rehabilitation may take 2-16 weeks depending on hearing loss
- Hearing aids do not eliminate background noise, rather they discriminate speech in the presence of noise
- Hearing aids do not restore hearing to a perfect level; rather they should bring hearing back to a useful, satisfactory range
Hearing Aids Offered at Physician Hearing Care
Our hearing aid center in Decatur, AL is proud to offer a high-quality, comprehensive platform of powerful hearing aid devices that offer advanced, superior sound technology. We carry all major hearing aid brands including:
In the ear hearing aid device styles
Invisible in the canal (IIC)
Completely in the canal (CIC)
Half Shell (HS)
In-the-Ear (ITE) or Full Shell
Behind the ear hearing device styles
Receiver-in-the-Ear (RITE) or Mini BTE
Hearing Aid Prices
While the final costs of a hearing aid devices is dependent upon the model selected, there are two main factors when determining price.
- The smaller the hearing aid, the more expensive it is.
- The more sophisticated the digital chip, the higher the price.
Both these factors will be discussed in-depth at our hearing aid center in Decatur, AL with the Physician Hearing Care team of experts. The final model selection will be based on the degree of the patient’s hearing loss and their hearing and cosmetic goals. Our primary goal is to improve each patient’s hearing while we listen with compassion. We guarantee that there will be no high-pressure sales pitch.
Lifetime Hearing Healthcare Program
- Free office visits for cleanings, adjustments, and annual hearing evaluations
- Repairs of all makes/model of hearing aid devices, some while you wait
- 30 day trial and return privilege
- Two year loss and damage replacement
- Two year warranty plans